How many times have you thought ‘he’s driving me crazy’ or ‘she’s driving me crazy’ this week?
Living with your partner isn’t easy at the best of times.
Silly arguments often stem from minor things like leaving washing up in the sink or forgetting to put the toilet seat down.
But usually, these aren’t the end of the world.
However, when you’re stuck inside all day with your partner, having more interactions than usual, even the smallest thing can send you over the edge.
That, on top of financial pressure, uncertainty, disruption of routine, trying to homeschool kids and a change in roles can make everything feel like one giant shit show at the moment.
If you are struggling with your partner right now, I want you to know you’re not alone – many of my clients are experiencing heightened tensions – and I’m getting a LOT of people reach out to me to ask for help.
This is going to be make or break time for many relationships. I want this to be a “make it” time for you. A time that brings you even closer and shows you just how much you mean to each other.
Today I’m sharing with you some practical tips to help you navigate this rollercoaster of a time.
- Set boundaries on your time and attention
- Do your best to manage the kids together
- Try to keep structure and routine
- Be mindful of your own emotions + how you communicate
- Aim for empathy and understanding
- Continue to have ‘couple time’ together
- Reach out for other support
- Understand that your sex life might be affected
Stay safe and take excellent care of yourselves and each other!
We are all going to come out of this stronger than we ever thought possible.